5:39 AM

My first DT challenge

It seems like I've been really busy scrapping these days, but I don't really have much to show for it - weird. I did a layout for the Scraptacular Tag at SI, a layout for my first DT challenge and I'm working on a LO for Scrap-ivor at LCOM. It is super fun so far, but it is only week one. It could get nasty once tribal councils start up. I'm a member of the Glua-Glua tribe. Came up with that name all by myself. I guess the 20 seasons of Survivor watching finally paid off!

For my first DT Challenge at Scraptacular Images, I posted the first of many Ad Inspiration challenges. I love using print ads for inspiration because they are always on top of design trends and new color combos. For the first challenge, I used the Potty Dance ad:

I liked how it allowed for so many photos and I liked the freehand style. I don't usually use such a literal take on an ad, but for this one I liked everything so I went with it. Here is what I came up with:


My favorite part of the ad was the font, so I tried to copy it using different size and style letters on the Printing Press cartridge for my Cricut and then doodling the shadowing. I really like how it turned out.

I've been wanting to do a LO about the musicals I've directed for a while, but I never really found a way of incorporating them until this.
On a non-scrapbooking note, my little boy turned 6 this week. We had a huge birthday party for him on the weekend and it was lots of fun. I can't believe that six years have already gone by. Wow! Happy birthday, Rhett-boy!

0 comments: